At Just Eat we are committed to building the world’s greatest food community. We are also committed to protecting the privacy of everyone in the Just Eat community. This means that we’ll protect the personal information of anyone that accesses our websites or services through any mobile application, platform or device (collectively, the “Services”).
1. Information we collect from you and why
When you use our Services and navigate around our websites, we may collect the following information from you:
Information that you provide voluntarily
- You may provide your full name, occupation, contact information, including email address, telephone number and any passwords you create. We will use this information to:
- (i) authenticate your access to certain parts of our websites;
- (ii) send news alerts of corporate developments;
- (iii) periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information that we think you may find interesting;
- (iv) administer promotions, competitions or job applications that you enter via our website
- (v) invite you to participate in market research surveys;
- (vi) improve and personalise our Services; and
- (vii) ensure internal record keeping is up-to-date.
Information that we collect automatically
- (i) monitor accessibility and optimisation of our websites;
- (ii) improve and personalise our products and services; and
- (iii) maintain a record of your interaction with the Services (through cookies and other similar technologies).
2. Who we share personal information with
- Depending on the circumstances, we may share your personal information with the following entities:
- Any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person.
- Third parties who undertake various activities to support our Services. This includes offshore website and application support, hosting providers and market research companies.
- Our third party processor, Workday, which processes any Just Eat job applications made through our websites.
- Any other person, provided that you have given your consent to the disclosure. We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
3. Legal basis for processing personal information
Our legal basis for collecting and using your personal information as described above will depend on the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will normally collect personal information from you only where (i) we have your consent to do so, (ii) where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, or (iii) where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights. In some cases, we may have another legal basis such as a legal obligation to collect personal information from you.
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (and we’ll also explain the possible consequences of you not providing it).
Similarly, if we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), we will make it clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
If you have questions about, or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
4. International data transfers
We may transfer your personal information to countries other than the country in which you are resident. Just Eat’s website servers are mainly located in Ireland and the United Kingdom, however our group companies and third party service providers and partners operate in a number of countries, including Australia, Brazil, Bulgaria Canada, Colombia, Denmark, France, Ireland, Italy, Mauritius, Mexico, Norway, New Zealand, the Philippines, Spain, Switzerland, Ukraine and United Kingdom. This means that when we collect your personal information we may process it in any of these countries.
We place great importance on keeping your personal information safe and secure. As such, we put in place appropriate technical and organisational measures / industry standard technology to protect it from unauthorised access and unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage.
The security measures we use are designed to provide a level of protection and security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information. Where you have chosen a password which allows you to access certain parts of the Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We advise you not to share your password with anyone and to use a unique password for our Services. We will not be liable for any unauthorised transactions entered into using your name and password.
6. Data retention
Just Eat will retain your personal information where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, while you hold an account with us or to enable us to meet our legal, tax or accounting obligations).
If you object to us processing certain categories of your personal information (including in relation to receiving marketing communications from us), we will retain a record of your objection to the processing of your information so that we can continue to respect your wishes.
We will destroy or permanently anonymise your personal information at the point that we no longer need to process it for our ongoing legitimate business needs or for any legal reason. If this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store it and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
7. Your data protection rights
Just Eat respects your privacy and data protection rights. Below is a summary of your rights in respect of your personal information which Just Eat handles:
- Just Eat provides you with the tools to access, review or update your personal information at any time through your account. If you wish to request deletion of your personal information, you can do so by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
- You can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request that it be ported to a third party. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
- You have the right to opt out of receiving marketing communications that we or our website data provider, Investis, send you at any time. You can exercise this right by using the unsubscribe functionality in the communication you receive. To opt out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), please contact us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” section below”
- Similarly, if we collect and process your personal information on the basis of your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority about our collection and use of your personal information.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
8. Links to third-party sites
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates or to any number of websites that may offer useful information to our visitors. We provide these links to you only as a convenience and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement of the relevant website by Just Eat.
If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or those linked websites. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to such websites.
We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
10. How to contact us
By email at: email@example.com
By writing to us at:
Just Eat Holdings - Privacy Team
Fleet Place House,
2 Fleet Place,
The data controller of your personal information is the Just Eat entity in the country in which you use our Services.